Sunday, March 06, 2011

you, kant, always get what you want

you get what you need. and i needed to see this movie. and, oh, how i loved it. 


Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001)

"One day in the late mid-eighties, I was in my early late-twenties. I had just been dismissed from University after delivering a brilliant lecture on the aggressive influence of German philosophy on rock 'n' roll entitled 'You, Kant, Always Get What You Want.' At 26, my academic career was over, I had never kissed a boy, and I was still sleeping with mom. Such were the thoughts flooding my tiny head on the day that I was sunning myself... in an old bomb crater I had discovered near the Wall. I am naked. Face down, on a broken piece of church, inhaling a fragrant westerly breeze. 
[...]
My God I deserve a break today."


Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001)


and i got it.
but extra came at extra extra cost.

0 comments: